Pipe and Cable Locators
Pipe and cable locator for locating underground utilities - Radiodetection RD2000 SuperCAT.
Radiodetection RD2000 SuperCAT.
advantages of the RD2000 and CAT4 with the improved performance of
the T1 and two additional active frequencies.
Underground Pipe and Cable Locator Advantages:
- Cutting edge technology ensures exceptionally fast sound and
response, improved smooth precision locating of pipes, cables, cameras,
sondes, and utilities.
- Enhanced Signal Processing:
Patented locate signal processing techniques reject unwanted
signals to a level never achieved before optimizing the
RD2000 SuperCAT pipe anc cable locator.
- Simple Operation
- Fast signal response
- Three active frequencies
- Three passive frequencies (CPS optional)
- Strike Alert - warns power cables are shallow
- Attractive pricing
Rugged - The RD2000 has been driven over sideways by a Range Rover without damage to the locator or the Range Rover.
Missed underground pipes and cables endanger construction workers and can be cause costly repairs, delays and personal injury. The RD2000 detects power and radio signals naturally present on many
metallic pipes, cables and other utilities. The Radiodetection RD2000's
pipe and cable locator with three frequencies give the locator the
choice of the select the best frequency for each field situation.
- Smart Settings
- Automatically returns to the last settings used
- The StrikeAlert™ feature alerts the user to shallow underground power cables by flashing the ALERT icon on the display and making a
distinctive sound. The Strike Alert feature can be turned on and off as preferred by the user.
- High Depth Accuracy
- Sondes: +/- 5% from 4" to 16 feet
- Cables and pipes:: +/- 5% from 4" to 10 feet
- Example: If the cable is 3'- 4" deep, the depth is within 38"-42"
- The auto switching backlight extends battery life, increases
convenience, and lights the screen for easier night use.
- Real Sound
- Hearing the "Real Sound" helps distinguish the locate signal from random background noise.
- The date of the last calibration can be displayed.
Both the RD2000 and the T1 use "D" cells since they are the easiest
to replace and lowest cost per hour of use. The RD2000
SuperCAT lasts 40 hours on two alkaline "D" cells and can use NiMh
rechargeable batteries. The T1 uses four "D" cells with a
typical life of 12 hrs. New battery low indicator alerts when
batteries are low.
Choices: All RD2000 SuperCAT locator receivers include three
active frequencies, Radio, Power, StrikeAlert and continuous depth
CPS - Cathodic protection frequency is optional
21 combinations of frequencies available.
Common RD2000 Models:
Version 20: Strike Alert, depth in feet, 512 Hz camera and sonde,
512 Hz line, 8 kHz line, 33 Hz line, radio, 60 Hz power
Version 21: Strike Alert, depth in feet, 512 Hz camera and sonde,
512 Hz line, 33 Hz sonde, 8 kHz line, 65 kHz line, radio, 60 Hz
- CPS frequency - Locates metal pipes the using existing cathodic protection system frequencies
- Sonde Frequencies - Includes 512 Hz and 8Khz sondes frequencies. 33Khz sonde frequency is standard.
Locator RD2000 SuperCAT brochure
Radiodetection RD2000 Accessories
- Live cable connector provides the advantages of direct connection to live cables up to 440 volts
- Plug connector provides better signal isolation and strength through live power outlets
- 2" or 4" induction clamps
- Carrying case
- The accessories for the Radiodetection RD2000 SuperCAT also fit the RD8000, RD7000,